Can we not mention that it’s been a few weeks since I had a Friday appendix post? Let’s not speak of it. I’m back today and that’s all that matters, right?
Here’s what’s catching my eye this week:
- I can think of worse places to live. AND YOU GET A TORTOISE!
- Like I’ve been saying for years and years…..one mans trash is another mans treasure. Don’t forget to glance in the dumpsters!
- Three cheers for Grandmothers! They might never become famous or get a cookbook deal, but their food has fed nations. Watching these is such a delight.
- I can’t tell you how hard I have fallen in love with the work of Flannery O’Connor. I haven’t felt this admiration for a writer since I was introduced to this man. I have now read 10 of her stories and have more on order. I can’t tell you how wonderful it was to listen to some of her stories on Audible – the thick Southern accents made the characters that much more vivid and real. I would also recommend this documentary for some introductory background information about her life. I am so looking forward to learning more about her, reading all her works, and discovering her hidden and layered nuance. She was extraordinary and it’s a shame that modern day high-schoolers and college students aren’t being introduced to her to with more flourish and frequency. Her word drawings are very appropriate for our time.
- And finally, if you are in love with cheese as much as I am, this is the site for you.
Have a wonderful and restful weekend!